Saturday 21 February 2015

Life on the Farm

My oxford downs are doing very well, the lambs are growing up nicely and will hopefully be ready to show this season. I will be putting them out into the field in the day time soon, and bringing them in at night for their food.
My collie, Nan, is also doing well. She enjoyed being out today with the sheep, shown in the picture below.

We also moved the Jacob ewes today, we have a few of them mob grazing our hay meadow at the top of our land. Today we moved the electric fence and put them onto the next fresh patch of grass. Our two oldest Jacob ewes managed to make a hasty escape whilst we were completing this task but thankfully they are very friendly and came back when we put some food out for them. Sadly I was too busy getting them in when they got out to take pictures but I did take some of them later on. 
Don't forget to comment and let me know what sheep breeds you want me to cover in my series, and also follow me on twitter @oxforddownsheep 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will read your comment and then publish it.