Tuesday 17 February 2015

Oxford Down Lambs

I will be carrying on with my sheep breed posts however first I need to tell you about how my oxford downs are getting on. I have always been interested in sheep and from a very young age have been helping out with the family flock of jacob ewes.  However, at the beginning of December last year I began a new business venture; I bought my own small flock of Oxford Down ewes. I bought two ewes both in lamb and fairly young.

Back in January both ewes gave birth to one ewe lamb each and I am extremely pleased with all of them. I hope to show the lambs this year and I will be putting the whole flock outside again soon. 

Please comment and let me know how lambing is going for you and what kind of sheep you have, or with any queries you have about my sheep. 
Watch this space for more interesting posts about  my sheep and other breeds of sheep; let me know which breeds of sheep you want me to cover on here as well :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will read your comment and then publish it.